Monday 27 April 2020

Community support- Pandemic

We all know the pandemic has changed lot of things which we use to take them from granted. No more for example walking next to each other, shaking hands, washing hands every time one touches any thing in house or outside.  Mostly whole community is observing this well.  But lately I have started receiving emails that some community members are abandoning their responsibilities and  have start running around in local locked park, playing games, sunbathing,etc.etc.

One of  local community leader sent me with photographs an e mail which says “ I received a call from a resident who is a paramedic who lives with his father who is a surgeon and is currently working on the front line of the Corona virus unit at Watford General hospital.

 He told me that he was astounded to see so many cars and people on the
Barn Hill Open Space, and not observing social distancing, when he and his
 father work so hard to save lives.

 The cars in the first photo are parked opposite 000 Barn Hill and there
were a lot by the place that I took the photo from.

 In the field opposite where I was standing - see 2nd photo, I counted 35
people and a good deal of them were children.

 The 2nd photo does not show what I saw as people were approaching me and I
took the photo in haste as I did not want to be accused of stealing
 peoples' identity.

 We haven't seen Police patrolling up here recently. This is not to say
that they don't do it, but, as you can see, there is a great need for
 regular patrols up here in the current situation.”

Please try to avoid,  it will be over soon but observation of  rules and actions are important too.








No comments:

Post a Comment